Y. M. Nelson and Nerdy Romantics guests Staci and Jen discuss all the Trek goodness of Star Trek: Discovery, seasons 1 – 3. We get pretty nerdy talking about not just Discovery, but Star Trek The Original Series, The Next Generation, Voyager, Deep Space Nine, Strange New Worlds, Star Trek Picard, and other franchise installments.
SPOILER ALERT: We will spoil some things in Discovery Seasons 1-3. So, if you haven’t seen ST Discovery, and you don’t want to be spoiled, wait to play the episode below or on your podcast provider.
Topics We Discuss:
- How we first found this series
- What we liked about the series
- Characters that we love, starting with Michael Burnham, main character
- The societal issues brought up in the series
- The relationships in ST: Discovery
- Easter Eggs
- Overall rating (Based on Goodreads’ star rating)
TV shows and movies mentioned:
- Star Trek: The Original Series (1966-1969)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987-1994)
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993-1999)
- Star Trek: Voyager (1995-2001)
- Star Trek: Enterprise (2001-2005)
- Star Trek: Discovery (2017-)
- Star Trek: Picard (2020-)
- Star Trek: Lower Decks (Animated Comedy) (2020-)
- Star Trek Prodigy (Animated) (2021-)
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (2022-)
Where you can find some of our Nerdy Romantics Guests
While Staci represents herself here, she is also a permanent guest on the L-5 podcast, a YouTube podcast reviewing newly released movies and TV shows. Check it out!
Jen Graybeal is “a book coach and freelance editor working with romance authors that want to take their books and their business to the next level.” She also loves talking all things nerdy, so look for her on some future episodes.
Want to contact her?
Jen is accepting new clients for both coaching and editing. She offers a free 30-min coaching session for new clients. (sign up on her website).
Clubhouse: Romance Author Community https://www.clubhouse.com/club/romance-author-community