Y. M. Nelson and Nerdy Romantics guests Staci and Jen discuss all the Trek goodness of Star Trek: Picard, season 2. We get pretty nerdy talking about not just Picard, but Star Trek The Original Series, the Next Generation, Voyager, Deep Space Nine, Strange New Worlds, and other franchise installments, and we touch on Prodigy and Lower Decks.
SPOILER ALERT: We will spoil some things in Season 2. So, if you haven’t seen Season 2 and you don’t want to be spoiled, wait to play the episode below or on your podcast provider.
Missed the Season 1 review? We talk Picard season 1 in episodes 4.1 and episode 4.2
Topics We Discuss:
- How we first became Trekkies
- What we liked about this season’s story
- Returning characters and character integrations from different series
- The societal issues brought up in this season
- The relationships in ST: Picard
- Easter Eggs in the Season
- Overall rating (Based on Goodreads’ star rating)
TV shows and movies mentioned:
- Star Trek: The Original Series (1966-1969)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987-1994)
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993-1999)
- Star Trek: Voyager (1995-2001)
- Star Trek: Enterprise (2001-2005)
- Star Trek: Discovery (2017-)
- Star Trek: Picard (2020-)
- Star Trek: Lower Decks (Animated Comedy) (2020-)
- Star Trek Prodigy (Animated) (2021-)
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (2022-)
- Star Trek: Nemesis (2002) – Movie , Installment 10
Find out more about the Star Trek magazine Staci mentions here. For the current Titans Publishing version of the Star Trek magazine, go here.*
*The Titans Publishing link above is an Amazon affiliate link. I will receive a small commission for each purchase when using these links. (This does not affect what you pay.)
Need a gift for the Nerdy Romantic in your life?
Give them one (or more!) of the Books we’ve featured on our show
Where you can find some of our Nerdy Romantics Guests
While Staci represents herself here, she is also a permanent guest on the L-5 podcast, a YouTube podcast reviewing newly released movies and TV shows. Check it out!
Jen Graybeal is “a book coach and freelance editor working with romance authors that want to take their books and their business to the next level.” She also loves talking all things nerdy, so look for her on some future episodes.
Want to contact her?
Jen is accepting new clients for both coaching and editing. She offers a free 30-min coaching session for new clients. (sign up on her website).
Clubhouse: Romance Author Community https://www.clubhouse.com/club/romance-author-community