On episode seven, Y. M. Nelson and Nerdy Romantics Marcie, Dana, and Staci talk about a new TV series on Netflix called The One. The series is based off the novel by John Marrs. We look at both the nerdy and the romantic sides of this series, which combines both of those elements plus a mysterious-death mystery that helps unfold the story behind the main characters.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How did we start watching this show, anyway?
- What we thought about the science
- What we thought about the relationships
- Would we watch again?
- Our star rating
Neither Nerdy Romantics Podcast nor its guests are affiliated with Netflix, the show The One, or any of their affiliated companies or partners.
Books Mentioned During the Episode
The One on Netflix is based on the novel The One by John Marrs which you can purchase here.*
- Damaged Goods* by Talia Hibbert (from the Ravenswood series)
- Crooked River *by Douglas Preston and Lee Child (from the Special Agent Pendergast series)
*The books above are linked to Bookshop.org. I will receive a small commission for each purchase when using these links. (This does not affect what you pay.)
Other authors and books mentioned on this episode:
- Half-Moon Hollow Series by Molly Harper (This is a direct link to the series on Amazon. I am not an Amazon affiliate)
- You Could Do Damage Too by K. C. Mills (from the You Could Do Damage series) (This is a direct link to the book on Amazon. I am not an Amazon affiliate)
While Dana and Staci represent themselves here, they are also permanent guests on the L-5 podcast on YouTube. Check them out!