Y. M. Nelson and Nerdy Romantics guests Jen and new guest Perry dive into DC superhero Superman as we discuss CW TV Series Superman & Lois, Seasons 1 and 2. We get pretty nerdy as we go in depth on the show’s storylines, characters, and culture, especially since Perry is an avid comic book reader and author.
SPOILER ALERT: We will spoil some things in Season 2. So, if you haven’t seen Season 2 and you don’t want to be spoiled, wait to play the episode below or on your podcast provider.
I first saw these characters in the Crossover Crisis of Infinite Earths while catching up on The Flash. I talk about that in episode 11. However, I didn’t start watching until Perry recommended the show to me as we talked Superheroes in Love on his podcast Superherocinephiles.
Topics We Discuss:
- How we first found the show and what we first thought
- What we thought about this version of the Superman and Lois characters
- Touch on Zack Snyder’s Superman character and the controversy surrounding
- The family dynamics and Superman as a dad raising teenagers
- The societal issues brought up in this season
- The town of Smallville and the social issues it brings
- Easter Eggs in the Season
- Overall rating (Based on Goodreads’ 5-star rating)
TV shows and movies mentioned:
- Supergirl (TV Series, 2015-)
- Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (TV series, 1993-1997)
- Smallville (TV Series, 2001-2011)
- The Flash (TV Series, 2014-2023)
- Zack Snyder’s Justice League (2021) – Movie
Interested in a book we’ve mentioned on the show?
Find it on our Book List!
Where you can find our Nerdy Romantics Guests
Jen Graybeal is “a book coach and freelance editor working with romance authors that want to take their books and their business to the next level.” She also loves talking all things nerdy, so look for her on some future episodes.
Want to contact her?
Jen is accepting new clients for both coaching and editing. She offers a free 30-min coaching session for new clients. (sign up on her website).
Clubhouse: Romance Author Community https://www.clubhouse.com/club/romance-author-community
I’ve been working in publishing since 2005 in various capacities—author, editor, formatter, letterer—and I’ve written books, short stories, comics, and more. My novels have spanned different genres, from urban fantasy (Luther Cross), superhero (Vanguard), mystery (Nakamura Detective Agency), pulp adventure (The Myth Hunter), and more.
I currently live in Japan’s Kagoshima prefecture, where I teach college and university courses . Besides my writing and teaching work, I also host Japan On Film, a podcast dedicated to Japanese movies, and Superhero Cinephiles, a podcast about superhero films.
Want to contact him?